I get it, you have 78 things to get done today and the last thing you feel like doing is working out. It’s cold and you really didn’t get a great sleep last night so start tomorrow right? Wrong. Because before you know it tomorrow becomes next Monday, which then becomes next week, which then becomes never. Let’s be honest. Here are 6 ways to workout when you don’t feel like it.
- When You’re In Pain. Swimming is a great option for you when you have joint pain. If you have the kids with you take them too it will be fun and wont feel like exercise as such. Or take some time out and go by yourself.
- Make It A Date. Enlist a Sweat Sister, a workout buddy who will keep you accountable and you can keep them accountable too. So when you don’t feel like showing up you feel guilty about letting her down as well as letting yourself down.
- When You Feel Low On Energy. Eat something to give you an energy boost. Try a boiled egg on wholemeal toast, or a banana an hour before to give you the energy you need.
- Play A Pick Me Up Song. The days I don’t want to I get dressed anyway and put on a song that I know will pick me up. I play it loud and dance away and it gets me fired up and in the mood every time. My secret weapon.
- Reward Yourself. Set a deal with yourself if you workout 3 times this week you can treat yourself to a little something special on the weekend. I’m not talking ice cream I’m talking a new pair of shoes, or flowers to brighten up the kitchen something special for you.
- Borrow A Dog Or Toddler. Know a 3 year old, follow them around in a park for 20 minutes and you’ve done a cardio workout without even know it. Or take your dog for a walk or borrow a dog if you don’t have one. Walk for 15 minutes, turn around and head back that’s a 30 minute walk right there.
Try these tips when you feel like being lazy and just can’t be bothered because they all work. My favorite tip is number 4, I use that one a lot. If you haven’t come out and tried one of my sessions it’s time you did. Or if you haven’t been to one for ages then you’re always welcome to come back and start again.
We have our next 8 Week Challenge starting Monday 6th of August and it’s open for registrations.
Take advantage of my crazy offer of your first 7 days for only $7, that’s how serious I am about getting you started.